Prevention and Management of Epilepsy
There are several medications in an effort to effectively deal with and manage epilepsy and help hold seizures to a minimum. Anticonvulsant drugs can work if taken efficaciously. In a few instances, a espresso carbohydrate, high-fat weight-reduction plan called the ketogenic weight-reduction plan may also be prescribed to assist treat youngsters with epilepsy and prevent seizures.
Epileptic seizures are regularly associated with unique triggers or adjustments for your day by day habits or habitual. Here are a few commonplace behaviors and elements that may trigger an epileptic seizure:Stress, anxiety, or other emotional troubles.
- Alcohol or drug abuse or the process of quitting alcohol or drugs
- Change in sleep schedules, feeling very tired, or significant sleep deprivation
- A change in medications, or skipping or missing a dose of anti-seizure medication
- Something that overstimulates the senses, like lights that flash brightly, watching television, playing video or computer games, or working on a computer
- Hormonal changes in women, often from pregnancy or menstruation
- Mental strain, such as from solving complex problems